Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: New here.

New here.

Hello!

New here, and I haven't even ridden a Zero yet, but my wife almost bought one for me this past Thursday! I took her in to show her the SR at our brand new Zero dealer, and the next thing I know she's sitting at the salesman's desk filling out papers!

I've been riding motorcycles for 48 years, off road, and on. Currently my garage includes an '01 Honda VFR800fi, an '03 Suzuki DR-Z400, and an '07 Ducati ST3s ABS. I have been toying with the idea of an electric bike for some time. Recently (this past Thursday) it became more serious. As soon as my new Zero dealer gets their insurance in order, I'll take the test ride. Then I will probably be hopelessly smitten and liable to do real damage to my bank account.

I went to a Zero demo day the first weekend in June and rode the 2017 SR, twice. The hook was set. I knew once I rode one I was toast. Sure enough, today I put down a deposit and ordered my SR. I ordered it despite the pathetic poor belt protection, and ridiculous lack of a(n) (effective) rear fender. A 16,000 dollar motorcycle should not be so deficient in such basic requirements. Like I said, toast.