admin

Founder
Staff member
137 miles per charge
95 mph
7.4hrs standard 110 charge time or
1hr charge time with the CHAdeMO upgrade option
Typical cost to charge $1.20...
Smart phone app that allows you to change power settings, adjust regen %, speed control...a complete smart phone management system!!

What do you think?

View attachment 2

moto

I appreciate the technology, but I'm also looking at this from the standpoint of low cost of operation (which makes up for the high purchase price). Along those lines, I appreciate some less obvious changes Zero has made in recent years, such as going to 17-inch tires. It's something most people wouldn't think of... until they need new tires. You'll have a lot more options, and probably lower prices, by using the same size that most gas-powered motorcycles use instead of some oddball size that doesn't offer any performance advantage.

Of course Zero goes its own way, and that's good, but it just makes sense to draw on the existing motorcycle market for parts when possible.

bwright201083

That looks like a sweet little ride. The key word here being little, as the bike seems quite small. I would probably feel like a bear riding a tricycle on it my self. Don't get me wrong, I love what Zero is doing with the electric motorcycle but I don't understand why developers believe that when they go electric, they have to go so small. I understand that smaller equals lighter but it would be nice to see an electric bike equal to a bike in the 500cc range. It would probably increase popularity in electric motorcycles overall. Does anyone know what the weight limit is on the Zero S?

ariaislove

It looks good for me. I think the size fits for girl riders just like me. By the way, what's the difference between the older models? Some say, nothing good but I don't want to believe.

Memento_Mori

I'm personally more used to higher speeds but this looks like a nice bike casual riding. The smartphone control app is also pretty interesting. Too bad it most likely won't be possible to get here.

Last edited:

Tacko

Cost to charge: $1.20

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Where can I get this?
What are the cons?
I need answers. If this is legit street legal, than I'm going to have to buy.

Memento_Mori

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Where can I get this?
What are the cons?
Not sure if there are cons. One could probably be that it costs a lot to repair but I can't say for sure. And, there's the speed.

Memento_Mori

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Where can I get this?
What are the cons?
Not sure if there are cons. One could probably be that it costs a lot to repair but I can't say for sure. And, there's the speed.

Memento_Mori

Weight?

Thats probably a dumb question but how is its weight compared to other bikes?
I'm used to heavy ones and I'm kinda assuming that this one is a bit lighter?

purplesea

137 miles per charge
95 mph
7.4hrs standard 110 charge time or
1hr charge time with the CHAdeMO upgrade option
Typical cost to charge $1.20...
Smart phone app that allows you to change power settings, adjust regen %, speed control...a complete smart phone management system!!

What do you think?

View attachment 2
Man, those things are sweet! How much do they usually run for?