Cyber battery upgrade

I heard this comes out in October. 2,100 dollars to let you use the same battery you already bought with the bike. Is it just me or does that sound high for allowing you to use the full battery on a bike you already bought because they held back the performance of the battery? You would think they would want to give people more range to help accelerate the product purchases by word of mouth. I could see 300 for this upgrade, 2,100 to use what should have been installed from the factory just seems high.

B.FRANK

wow Charlie, 3 posts and no replies. this forum is dead. I haven't heard anything about a brake recall, but tires , front or rear should be replaced when the tread gets low or the tire shows signs of wear ie cracking or dry rot . the battery upgrade is a lot more than what you posted it is $1700 for performance upgrade and about $2000 for an extra 10% range. at that point you could buy an extra battery that fits in the luggage compartment(fuel tank) but I have heard that it adds a lot of weight and makes the bike top heavy. I would like to do the performance upgrade but I don't think the range upgrade is worth it. the press launch stated that you could make the sr the same as the srf or srs but that is simply not true and you will never equal the 15+ battery. if I had known the prices and truth about the worlds most upgradeable bike I would have just bought the complete bike and gotten more for less $. love the bike but I am real disappointed in zero's shell game of upgrades. my dealership (mt holly Powersports in nj) burnt down and I don't know if their going to reopen or not and the performance upgrade must be done in the shop even though it is probably as simple as cutting a wire or unplugging something and I don't know of other dealers near me.

B.FRANK

SPEED INCREASED 20% FROM 104MPH TO 124MPH...HORSEPOWER INCREASED 53% FROM 74HP TO 113HP AND TORQUE INCREASED 15% FROM 122FT/LBS TO 140 FT/LBS. ALL FOR $1795. I HAVE THE 2022 SR AND OF COURSE THIS YEAR 2023 THEY'RE GIVING IT THE BIGGER BATTERY.

My bike goes 124 mph and has 110 horse power and 140 foot pounds of torque stock. 2020 SRS. Does the power cyber update do anything for mine? It’s pretty fast already 😁.

B.FRANK

I didn't notice the fairing in the picture. if you have a 2020 sr/s the only upgrades available through the cypher store are 10% faster charging @$195 and parking mode @$195. your bike should already have the extended range charging option(must be selected before charging) I don't know if you can use a power pack (extra battery that fits in the fuel tank cargo space)or not. you can go to the cypher store and scroll all the way to the bottom and under interact click on owners and you can download a owners manual for your bike. this should let you know how to activate the extended range charge option and other hidden features your bike may have that you don't know about. good luck. I find a lot of the info to be pretty vague.

B.FRANK

ten years ago we didn't have anywhere near that kind of range. the technology in electric motorcycles is quickly moving forward. the stumbling point is battery technology but if you look backwards we moved from carbon to alkaline to ni cad then lithium ion to lithium iron. I've heard rumors about diamond based batteries but don't know if/when that will happen but look how far we've come in a relatively short time. I believe that bicycles and ultra lights(Sur Ron etc) will lead the way because they are inexpensive and reach a larger market. in the mean time we just have to dream of mr. fusion(back to the future) 12.7 jigawatts!!!!!!!!

somerjaxryder

the new Ultra bee is SICK.

specs

B.FRANK

17 hp isn't much on a full size dirt bike that's only 1 hp more than my 72v light bee and 23 less than my alta mx. good things are coming it's just a waiting game. ps I hope the stark vary is a big success but I don't see it being better than an alta, just the first peek at what's coming. pss. Charlie you should be getting a free battery upgrade if you haven't already.