hi...just bought my first zero...2022 SR.

B.FRANK

I am 63 years old and have been riding since I was 11. I have had many motorcycles over the years, street, dirt, and dual sport. 4 years ago I bought my first electric bike, a 2018 Alta supermoto, and fell hard for electric bikes. I then put an electric motor on an occ stingray bicycle, got a Sur Ron and upped it to 72 volts and bought another Alta, a 2017 mx, I recently sold 7 ice bikes and decided it's time to go for more range electrically. I looked at Energica and lightning but really fell for the 2022 zero sr. first impression is that it is a wonderful bike, not just for an electric bike, a wonderful bike all around. very smooth, almost silent, very well balanced, and pretty quick. I mainly ride back roads and rarely exceed 60 miles on a ride so the 100 mile plus range is fine with me. I may upgrade the range and power settings in the future but right now I'm riding with abs and traction control on until I find how the bike will perform in certain circumstances but first thing will be a rear fender eliminator to get rid of the license plate wheelie bar. does anyone know if a sr/f or sr/t fender eliminator will fit this bike? anyhow any suggestions or heads up on potential issues would be welcome. if I had to have one complaint about the bike it would be that the rear brake pedal isn't where I think it should be...it feels like I have to point my toes under the bike to find the pedal, I will get used to it, other than that CANYON MODE ROCKS! PS...I'm not abandoning ice bikes completely I'm keep ing my Norton, super hawk,xtrainer,lt750 quad and trx250r quad. so 5 electrics and 5 gas burners a nice balance.

Reactions: Ira

slant911

Welcome aboard. This forum is not very active but I check in almost every day anyhow. I hope you have a dealer nearby...Probably biggest complaint from owners is dealer not close by them so it is a pain to get fixed when needed. In the meantime though....enjoy!

Jimmy Zero

Welcome, I see this forum is not very active, only one way to fix that is to post! Also, dealer locations are a problem over here in Europe too! Good Luck and enjoy!

B.FRANK

just received word from zero that the new sr upgrades will not be available until September. I was hoping to chat with people who know this bike as cypher store is vague and misleading and press release statements are misleading. I'm beginning to wonder if I should have just bought an sr/f. press release states charging upgrade to be 100% faster charge time, it's actually 10%! who's gonna pay to turn a six hour recharge into a 5+ hour recharge? either way your down for the day pretty much. the press releases say that you can do 2 battery upgrades to get better range, ie. equal to the 15+ premium battery... when actually you can pay a lot to unlock an extra 10% for extended riding...100 vs 110 miles? not worth almost two grand. and you can buy a heavy battery that eliminates storage and adds a lot of weight high up on the bike where it affects handling and still only adds 10%. the power upgrade seems worth it but how much will it hurt range? don't get me wrong, I love the bike, I was led to believe that I could have a sr/f without having to pay for on dash navigation, heated grips, parking mode and other things that I don't want or need. is this an accurate picture? or am I missing something? I tried to research more about this new bike but most information is vague and/or misleading