New 23 dsr owner

Z28diver

Hello all. I have a new 23 dsr but nothing but problems since I brought it. Less than 300 miles in 3 months because it always leaves me stranded. So far the dc to dc converter was replaced but got stranded again yesterday. Turn the key and nothing but I know the battery has 80% charge from the blue tooth when I plug the charger in. Stranded 30 miles from home but got the bike in my pickup to bring back to the dealer again. I don’t think I’ll ever have faith in this bike. Should have brought a honda

stevelev53

I purchased an FXE last year and had a serious issue with it not starting. Zero claimed that I needed a firmware update (and the app didn't and still doesn't work), but my dealer insisted that my motorcycle firmware was up to date. Took a few months and direct intervention from Zero support to work that out. Finally the dealer upgraded my bike; since then I've had no issues and ride almost daily. Your description sounds like my problem. Does the bike recover after 24 hours and start? Mine did.

Z28diver

I would love to have them swap it out. It's been at the dealer more then I own it. It's been there since July 5th and zero is telling them to swap the ignition switch. I'm pretty sure that is not the issue. If I leave the bike alone for 12 hours it will start but that doesn't help me when I'm away from home. Been stranded 4 times already.

Frosty64

Hello all. I have a new 23 dsr but nothing but problems since I brought it. Less than 300 miles in 3 months because it always leaves me stranded. So far the dc to dc converter was replaced but got stranded again yesterday. Turn the key and nothing but I know the battery has 80% charge from the blue tooth when I plug the charger in. Stranded 30 miles from home but got the bike in my pickup to bring back to the dealer again. I don’t think I’ll ever have faith in this bike. Should have brought a honda
Wow! I am scheduled to pickup my DSR next Tuesday, thinking about backing out now. UGH Just as an aside I own three eBikes, Sondors and they require a charging routine that must not be varied or ignored. First console turned off then the main switch then plug in the lead from the charger and , only then, plug in the charger. Varying or ignoring this results in crazy faults and problems glore. Could this be true of the Zero's as well?

Z28diver

It looks like they have fixed mine. A connector on the battery appears to be the problem. They said when they went to pull the batteries they saw a pin loose. When they pushed it in it made a click. Since I got it back I have put over 1000 miles on it with no issues so I think they fixed it. Too bad it was down for the summer. I do like the ride and the pick up when you twist the throttle is great

Frosty64

Great! Hope they rewarded you with a large gift card at the dealer........................just kidding. I'm going ahead with my DSR pickup next week but got a bit scared until I saw the problems get resolved. Not cool that you lost part of your riding season. Ride on...............