New to this forum

rider7

Dear members,

I am glad I have found this forum.
There don't seem to be any others out there dedicated to Zero Bikes.

I have been riding motorbikes for 32 years beginning back in Germany.

I moved to California for a decade, then Florida, Hawaii and now Austin.
By far, the way people drive in Austin is the worst I have ever experienced. If you ride here, you know instantly what I mean.
Paris, France and Italy are the best besides LA (lane splitting is legal and makes riding paradise)

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi" and I am looking forward to being a member here.

I am anxious to received my first Zero in about two weeks from now. I signed the PO today for a 2017 DSR.

Cheers

Oliver

L.A. Snowman

Hello Zero Riders

Hi Oliver and the Zero community,

I just rode my brand new 2017 Zero DSR into work for the first time and it was amazing. I'm impressed with how solid the bike is, absolutely no vibrations at all.

I have a relatively short commute (for L.A., California) at like 6 miles, so I didn't even crack 10% power used to get here. I'm looking forward to getting to know the bike better as I'm now thinking I'll ride it more than my historical average of "most Fridays."

Hope everyone's having a great Xmas and Holiday season.

-Jon

rider7

Fantastic

Hi Oliver and the Zero community,

I just rode my brand new 2017 Zero DSR into work for the first time and it was amazing. I'm impressed with how solid the bike is, absolutely no vibrations at all.

I have a relatively short commute (for L.A., California) at like 6 miles, so I didn't even crack 10% power used to get here. I'm looking forward to getting to know the bike better as I'm now thinking I'll ride it more than my historical average of "most Fridays."

Hope everyone's having a great Xmas and Holiday season.

-Jon
Hi Jon,

What a coincidence, I have lived in LA for 12 years. I really miss it.
I have a good job in Austin (Round Rock, north of Austin) going on right now, but I'll be back in bike paradise (due to legal lane splitting) for good one day :)
I have a 6 mile commute too and cannot wait to do that on my new DSR.
This is my very first brand new vehicle ever.
I switched to 100% from Green Mountain wind energy and feel a lot better about being the King of the road now, silent, clean and contemporary :)

I barely can afford the DSR and wanted to try to go FXS 3.3 at first, but I know I'll venture out from the safe zone sooner than later and now, with the power of the ZF13 battery, I can even risk going into Austin.
Well spent money I am sure. And the added performance is something I don't want to miss having become used to ZRX-1200R power.
Now, I'll have even better acceleration and better handling. The green monster was lovely, but heavy.

I have been riding for 32 years now and I cannot believe that I am just about to experience a new bike category all together thanks to Zero and all of you, who are supporting this future and made it possible finally after the EV-1 disaster in the 90s.

Thanks for saying hi to me and the community and for sharing your first impressions Jon.
I'll make sure to report back to you, y'all..... :)

Rider7 (Oliver)

Last edited: