New Zero SR and new to forum

MarkB

I have a Zero SR with the power pack and now have 1000 miles on it. I love the way it rides and how it handles at low speeds and high speeds (highway speeds, 70 mph). So far I have had to go back to the shop for 3 issues. The LCD display was displaying wild characters (they replaced it under warranty), the charger died (they replaced it under warranty), and now I have a nail in the back tire. Overall, I would say that Zero has been excellent to work with for these issues. Very stand up company. I ride a lot in the hills in the San Francisco bay area and get to see places that I have never been. I haven't really pushed the bike yet, but 150 miles on a charge with 30% remaining is the best I have done. The regenerative braking on the hills is great.

Anyone else have a Zero SR have comments about their bike and how it handles or issues with the bike?

GBorgan

I bought an SR two weeks ago. It was a demonstrator with 200 miles. Have studied everything I could on these prior to the purchase. It is not a first motorcycle by any means and I knew it would be in some ways serious retrograde coming from a large tourer which I've had for 27 years and intend to keep. I am intrigued by the EV movement and bought this because as expensive as they are compared to ICE bikes of same size, they are still the cheapest way to BUY into an EV and own outright. As a rider, I figured why not do it this way instead of leasing one of the cars. Also, I wanted a new smaller bike for shorter rides and I'm totally into quiet and efficiency.

Mine is stock except I added the 12V power plug because the decorative cover was missing and they had the 12v in stock. I won't need the Power Pack as it will make my rounds easily on just the 12.5 battery in the South San Diego County area.

Mark asks about ride and handling: For me the ride is punishing and I intend to start tinkering with the adjustments on the Showa units after 1,000 miles of break-in. I don't need race-track handling so if a softer ride is possible I'll give up some of that razor sharp handling to protect my wrists and neck especially.

The charger failed the very first night. Seems this is a common problem with a certain batch but they say the new part will be reliable. So far so good. Other than that glitch that caused me a week of delay, everything has been fine and I have 700 miles total.

Zero forums seem to have died out after 2013 or so. Wonder how the 15s actually sold.

George in San Diego

mersd

I just picked up a 2016 SR. So far so good. It was a impulse buy. while it was pre order I realized I could of gotten a Ducati or BMW. Oh well. I still got a big smile on my face when i'm riding.

LeftieBiker

Another New SR Owner

I just put a deposit on a new 2015 SR demo bike on the opposite side of the country, and am now trying to get a reasonable bid on U-Ship. I'm not new to electric bikes and scooters, but this will be my first performance EV. I'm a little concerned reading here about things like charger failures, as there is no dealer near me. Are these chargers hard to swap out? I suppose that since it's a demo with 450 miles on it it's less likely to have a bad one...?