Power shut down and more

Kevyn Clark

Greetings
Got a 2013 S in Oct and have had serious fun until a few days ago. Got a recall notice and talked with Ryan in Scotts Valley CA about the issues with certain bikes shutting down. He said mine was probably not one of them but sent the bike up to Daly City to have the firmware updated just in case. 3 days ago bike powered 3X down as I started out in the morning. On the last failure I switched disengage on and off, green lights and as I throttled bike went BACKWARDS.
Switched off and let bike recycle. 2 days ago, the same thing happened 2X. Today bike shut off while waiting for a light and on freeway headed home at 70mph.
Seems they kind of broke my ride with the update. Have called Mission Motors in Daly City for a tow and fix. Anyone else have the shut down/backwards thing happen or am I the lucky one?http://www.zero-forum.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.png

Edwin

You are not the only one. In my last 5 rides in a row I have had serious problems with the bike lurching and slowing down both going fast and slow. I have the 2012 Zero S with the larger battery. I had the firmware update installed and got the "could not duplicate the problem" story from my local dealer. Since they did the update the problem is actually more severe and more frequent...