seat height question

charlesb

I just bought the DS. I tried the fxs which was 32.9" seat height. that was a bit high for me as I am 5' 8" with a 29" inseam. I bought the DS without sitting on it because the dealer didn't have one on site. Is there a way to lower the seat height about 1"?

Gth12827

Seat Height

I just bought the DS. I tried the fxs which was 32.9" seat height. that was a bit high for me as I am 5' 8" with a 29" inseam. I bought the DS without sitting on it because the dealer didn't have one on site. Is there a way to lower the seat height about 1"?
I'm interested in the same issue. I'm 5'4" with a 29" inseam and lowering the bike 1" would make for a much more pleasant riding experience.

PistonSociety

I'm no expert but I think you can get a shorter rear shock and lower the forks in the triple tree to match the amount of distance taken out of the back. You may need to get a shorter side stand depending on how much height you remove. Also, some people will make their own seat or buy one from a quality aftermarket maker. Basically, have a local upholstery company or person open up the seat and shave out some of the foam to reduce it's height.

Frosty64

The seat is as low as you could make it unless you are willing to sit on the bare frame. These machines are poorly designed and Zero does not give a damn about helping any buyers resolve fit issues. I tried.