UK/EU Zero SR/F charging cable mod for 6kW charging on single phase

Ronhogwarts

I've made a type 2 cable modification for the SR/F premium in EU/UK that now allows charging at the full 6kW on a normal 7.4kW single-phase supply! For some bizarre reason, and unlike almost any other EV, Zero split the two 16A chargers across the first two phases without the ability to stack on the first phase, which means without a modded cable you could have a 6kW bike and be stuck charging at 3kW as you only have single-phase supply at home or on trips, which is painfully slow. With this mod, a full charge takes 2 hours rather than 4 :)

Attachments

princec

Hi Ron, I found this forum searching for exactly what you've made there! I've got an SR/F and a 7kW outlet at home on a single phase, and it is indeed a right pain to only be able to charge it on the granny charger at 2kW.

trgssgt

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 2022 SR demo bike in Jun this year and at the time was dithering about buying the SR with full warranty even though it was first registered in May 22 (214 miles on the clock) or a SR/F 72 plate with only the remainder of the warranty , it had 676 miles on the clock. The SR/F was £900 more.

Anyway the full warranty won in the end and the only thing I missed over the SR/F from the SR was the extra power.

I was thinking about buying the performance boost but then a strange thing happened hence this post to some UK SR/F owners. The first thing I bought (actually free) was the 10% battery increase making it 15.6 instead of 14.6. All my trips are under 100 miles return so no need for extra capacity of battery and I charge to 100% every time using my cars granny charger @2.2kWh overnight so speed not an issue.

Anyway thought about buying the parking mode and found that my app was acting up and long story short I asked Zero to delete my account, which they did and I re-registered. Well, I was playing with the ride modes in the newly registered app and noticed that the speeds in the sport and canyon modes showed a top speed of 127mph which I thought "strange" as the SR could only be set to 104 Mph max. My custom mode which I set to 100% would only let me set the max speed to 104 so as far as I could tell the performance boost had not been loaded by dealer prior to my purchase of it would have let me set it to 124. Note it also shows 110mph on the standard mode another anomaly.

As the bike is software driven and it shows 127 mph, I thought, will it do it, will bugger me, it did, happy days no need for performance boost even though one does not drive at 127 mph much obviously it's always there if needed. My bike shows, 100mph in rain, 75mph in eco, 110mph in standard and 127mph in sport and canyon and only 104 in custom mode. Can you tell me what you're bike shows please. I believe something Zero did when they erased my account caused this software clitch.

The only thing now is I and dreading a mandatory software update which will bugger it up. Just as as separate point as I have a bad knee (68 years old) I lowered my footpegs by 40mm which made the use of the football a nightmare so I converted my bike to a front footbrake. It was easy to do and I also had the tank painted as grey was a bit boring. I have attached some photos.

All the best

Frank (live in Dumfries )

Attachments

trgssgt

Hi Ron, I found this forum searching for exactly what you've made there! I've got an SR/F and a 7kW outlet at home on a single phase, and it is indeed a right pain to only be able to charge it on the granny charger at 2kW.
Hi,

I have just bought a 2022 SR demo bike in Jun this year and at the time was dithering about buying the SR with full warranty even though it was first registered in May 22 (214 miles on the clock) or a SR/F 72 plate with only the remainder of the warranty , it had 676 miles on the clock. The SR/F was £900 more.

Anyway the full warranty won in the end and the only thing I missed over the SR/F from the SR was the extra power.

I was thinking about buying the performance boost but then a strange thing happened hence this post to some UK SR/F owners. The first thing I bought (actually free) was the 10% battery increase making it 15.6 instead of 14.6. All my trips are under 100 miles return so no need for extra capacity of battery and I charge to 100% every time using my cars granny charger @2.2kWh overnight so speed not an issue.

Anyway thought about buying the parking mode and found that my app was acting up and long story short I asked Zero to delete my account, which they did and I re-registered. Well, I was playing with the ride modes in the newly registered app and noticed that the speeds in the sport and canyon modes showed a top speed of 127mph which I thought "strange" as the SR could only be set to 104 Mph max. My custom mode which I set to 100% would only let me set the max speed to 104 so as far as I could tell the performance boost had not been loaded by dealer prior to my purchase of it would have let me set it to 124. Note it also shows 110mph on the standard mode another anomaly.

As the bike is software driven and it shows 127 mph, I thought, will it do it, will bugger me, it did, happy days no need for performance boost even though one does not drive at 127 mph much obviously it's always there if needed. My bike shows, 100mph in rain, 75mph in eco, 110mph in standard and 127mph in sport and canyon and only 104 in custom mode. Can you tell me what you're bike shows please. I believe something Zero did when they erased my account caused this software clitch.

The only thing now is I and dreading a mandatory software update which will bugger it up. Just as as separate point as I have a bad knee (68 years old) I lowered my footpegs by 40mm which made the use of the football a nightmare so I converted my bike to a front footbrake. It was easy to do and I also had the tank painted as grey was a bit boring. I have attached some photos.

All the best

Frank (live in Dumfries )

Attachments