Winter Storage?

stevewp

I don't know what the weather is like for most of you guys through the winter, but here in the UK most of us tend to garage our bikes for at least a few months per year. The Pan doesn't tend to stay away for too long but the naked nature of the Zeroes doesn't lend itself to riding through the wet/cold weather so much.

So, I'm curious about battery longevity when it's tucked up for several months. Should the bike stay plugged in constantly or is it wise to unplug it, let the battery naturally drain down a fair way, then plug it back in, repeating every so often?

If it's to be left plugged in, how much draw is there on the home supply once it's up to charge?

Cheers guys

Ctrlburn

The manual says leave it plugged in. The battery chemistry recommends partial charge and unplugged, and recharge every month or so. Still once cold, plug it in to protect from thermal woes. Neither will undermine the anticipated lifespan, just extend it.

LeftieBiker

Winter Storage

The manual says leave it plugged in. The battery chemistry recommends partial charge and unplugged, and recharge every month or so. Still once cold, plug it in to protect from thermal woes. Neither will undermine the anticipated lifespan, just extend it.
My garage gets quite cold in Winter, although I use a little ceramic heater to try to keep it generally above freezing. I intend to fully charge the bike for storage for the rest of this Winter, then leave it unplugged to stop it from trying to charge at the lower end of its comfort zone, and will keep the garage above 34F. It's been amazingly warm so far this season, but Winter seems to finally be arriving here. The garage should warm enough on its own to safely charge the bike again in less than two months.