Zero at Bonneville: 100mph plus

moto

Did you guys see this press release about a guy in California taking his Zero S to Bonneville? He averaged above 100 mph for his runs. Apparently all he did in terms of modifications were changes to meet the rules, mostly just safety equipment.

Tacko

Wow now thats a bike.
How come there is such a variation on the Zeros I see everywhere else and the one in that picture?
Like that one looks more like a dirt bike kind of.

Memento_Mori

100 mph? Thats more than I expected from that bike. But then again he's probably a really good rider and the terrain was perfect for riding, so I doubt we could expect getting even close to that speed in normal conditions.

KrazyEd

The runs were last September ( 2012 ). His highest recorded speed was 103, his average both ways was 101. This speed is averaged over several miles.
With the Size 6 controller, and, proper gearing, he should be able to easily beat that this year. I met Brandon at Laguna Seca this year.
He seems like a nice kid.
As a side note, Kenyon Kluge, riding a much more modified Zero at Laguna Seca was doing over 100 mph on the uphill straight away, and,
finished second behind Eric Bostrom on the Brammo Prototype.
At Indianapolis, Kluge ran 106 mph top speed, and, Ted Rich showed 117, that may have been a fluke, but, that is what showed on the
official qualifying slip.
Bonneville is going on this week, so, will update after the dust ( salt? ) settles on Thursday