Zero Customer Service

Frosty64

Sadly bought a new 2023 DSR 14.4 , test road for 10 minutes and bought later. First ride I went 20 minutes and discovered the ergonomics are the absolute worst of my 78 motorcycles! The relationship between the foot pegs, seat and bars is about a bad as you could design. They designed the frame around the motor-battery and then added the rider aspects as an after thought at best. The triangle of the peg-bar ends and seat are as out of whack as I've ever seen. Discomfort sets in after 15 to 20 minutes. After reading many reviews of older year DSR's I discovered this problem has existed for years with no changes whatsoever. I called customer service at Zero and got nothing from them, not one word of concern or options to their shit design. $17xxx.xx wasted on a crap machine I truly hate now! Hoping someone steals it!

BehindBars

I think the thread title should be changed from "Zero Customer Service" to "Buyer Remorse; I failed to do my homework."

Motorcycles come in many flavors with a wide variety of ergonomic designs. A buyer needs to match the motorcycle choice to their body and their riding style.

What would you expect the Zero company to do about your mistake in choosing an inappropriate motorcycle for your needs? Redesign one that is custom built just for you? Quit your whining. Sell the bike and move on. If you buy another bike, make sure it is right for you BEFORE you buy it.

I have a 2021 DSR and I changed the handlebars. I'm very happy with the ergonomics.

Frosty64

You are correct about my not thinking long enough before buying my DSR. However, what I am most disappointed over is the lack of options to modify my DSR and the poor customer service responses I received . Could you tell me what bars you went with?

BehindBars

You are correct about my not thinking long enough before buying my DSR. However, what I am most disappointed over is the lack of options to modify my DSR and the poor customer service responses I received . Could you tell me what bars you went with?
I also have a Honda NC700X and it's bars fit me well. The Honda bars are narrower, taller, and pull back with more angle at the grips. I had a spare Honda handlebar around so I installed it. Note that properer installation will require drilling new holes for the switch gear indexing pins, as well as adapters to put 7/8" bars in 9/8" clamps. It will also involve disassembling the Zero's throttle control, which is a royal pain to get put back together correctly. The NC700X bars worked fine with the DSR stock cable lengths. I find the DSR very comfortable now.

I have never purchased a motorcycle that was made for me. They always require modifications to suit my needs. That is never the manufacturer's fault or responsibility.

Zero is a small manufacturer. There are not a lot of aftermarket accessories supporting Zero models. That should have been readily apparent with a little research. Not Zero's fault.

B.FRANK

hi frosty, it sucks that you don't like the bike. I read in one of your threads that you were told that you cannot change the handlebars or footpegs for two years or it would void your warranty. simple...change them, ride happy and keep the old stuff, if something bad happens reinstall the old and then take the bike to the dealer. I've never ridden a dsr but I own 2 altas e mx and e Supermoto and a 22 zero sr. don't give up on electric motorcycles just because of something that is so easy to change. I have only owned 41 motorcycles and I will say that electric may not be a great only motorcycle because of range issues. I have 10 right now 2 elec street and 2 ice street 2 elec dirt and 1 ice dirt an elec bicycle and 2 ice quads. each one has it's own unique purpose, some for range and some for stealth, all for fun. get more bikes, make yours fit you and have a blast.