Zero owner age/location/bike year and model

Opa

New guy here...

Today....2014 FX in central US. Fifty-two years of age (and experience!).

GBorgan

New owner

Purchased 2015 SR demonstrator with 200 miles on Sept 24. Had a great day of riding. Charger failed first night. Waiting for parts. Today is the sixth day. I understand this is not a unique situation? I'm being very forgiving and patient... for now.

Update 10/7/15: The parts arrived last Wednesday afternoon a few hours after the first paragraph was posted. Mechanic went straight to work on it, charged it overnight and I picked it up at 11am Thursday, 7 days after originally picking it up. It took five days to send the part 400 miles. One bad for the factory. Local dealer went right to it. One good for dealer. Have about 700 miles now (500 my own) and all's well.

Last edited:

TimD

Another DS

Hi everyone. A couple of months ago I got a 2014, DS 11.4. New but last year's model. Really happy with it.

cummingj

Just purchased my first Zero, February, 2016 in Southwest Michigan, a nice sunny 50 degree day in the snow state. Rode the bike about 35 miles and really liked not having to shift and loved the acceleration the bike had. Getting use to the 19 inch tire up front as it does not handle as nicely as some bikes. Put on a DS windscreen, Barkbuster Storm hand guards, R&G shock cover, removed mirrors and put on a bar end mirror - looking nice. Also powder coating the right foot peg aluminum boot protector, black. Looking forward to the riding season upon us.

Gth12827

New DS Owner in Virginia

Picked my 2016 DS and love it! Although the dealer did a fantastic job familiarizing me with the bike, the lack of engine noise really was a strange experience. Picked mine up at Scoot Richmond and they are an awesome team! Major kudos to Rich who really knows his bikes. As a 50 year old ex-military bike rider, the DS made for a seamless re-entry into riding after 25+ years out of the saddle.

countzero

Happy owner of a 2016 Zero SR

Loving my Zero SR that I picked up in Raleigh NC in April. The SR is one amazing machine. I kinda miss the clutch, but no noise nor vibration is great. The torque on this machine is a blast.

JLibrarian

Just bought my 2016 Zero SR last month in Kalamazoo, and I've ridden every day since. I live in Southwest Michigan, and work in as Library Director in South Haven on the shores of Lake Michigan. It's a round trip of about 25 miles to and from work for me on a daily basis, though I have been known to take detours on a whim. After all, It's not like I'm wasting gas now, is it? I'm 45 years old, and prior to the Zero I was riding an '82 Goldwing which went through a lot with me, including a 50 mph collision with a deer. I plan on many more years of riding, and I feel I've found just the right bike for me. I'll be working on dressing it out, and have just ordered the commuter screen and the top box rack kit. Next will be the top box, and after that the saddle bags. The SR I purchased was a demo model, so I'm hoping any glitches have been worked out by now. I've noticed that there isn't much traffic on this forum, especially as compared to electricmotorcycleforum.com, but hopefully things will pick up.

Jim

L.A. Snowman

Hello from L.A.

Yup, seems to be more traffic over there, but I'm so excited about my new Zero, I'm posting in both places!

43 years old, live in Los Angeles, and just got a 2017 DSR. Love it. Rides like a dream. Just learning about all the customs settings so I'll check back in and report how it's all going.

-Jom

rider7

Hi from Austin (Round Rock) TX

Hi guys,

yes, this forum needs to be revived or something. After all it is dedicated to "our" machines.

L.A. Snowman, I am posting to both forums too.

Looks like we are kind of the most comparable.
I am 50 years old, well used to live in LA for a decade and am receiving my 2017 DSR hopefully within the first two weeks next year.

Hey, were do you live in LA ?
I lived on Centinela and Palms which is Mar Vista.

Honestly, I cannot stand Texas drivers anymore, but I simply cannot come back to LA yet.
They hunk their horns even if you are filter at at traffic light at 0.3 miles per hour. I have never experienced more self centered pricks than I have here.
That is in such a stark contrast to how they are when they are outside of their vehicles. They are the coolest. It doesn't go into my brain what is wrong with them.

Picture this, when the light turns green at an intersection, nobody, and I have to repeat, nobody for coming up to 5 years now moves across the white line into the intersection.
You know how many times I have been stranded behind a car literally blocking traffic from moving across the intersection because they are so morbidly afraid to get stuck in the intersection here in Texas that it kills any logical thought process.
Imagine that in LA.
Also, nobody turns into open lanes when turning right onto a multi lane road and 80% drives with massive gaps between them and the vehicle before them and below the speed limit, actually causing traffic jams every day here for no reason but for being inconsiderate idiots.

I need another 5 to 10 years here. LA just doesn't offer me professional opportunities right now.
Do you mind me asking what your field of occupation is?

Sorry everybody for losing it here and going off into a rant.
It seems that I cannot ever bring that up to anybody here in Texas, since they are almost all the same when it comes to transportation.

If I could put a number on the economic loss all these people create for themselves, I'd say it's in the billions a year due to causing unnecessary traffic jams all over the state.

Oliver