DSR 2022 - Initial Thoughts ...

SuperQuiet

Hi everyone,

It looks like it has been a while since anyone has posted, so I hope I get some traction with this post.

I've been in the market for an electric motorcycle for a while and I finally landed on the DSR 2022. I was looking for something that mashed up a cafe racer with a dirtbike, and there are a lot of dirt roads and offroad trails here, so the dual-sport serves me well.

My initial thoughts, I love the bike overall, the design, the torque, and the handling. The drawbacks after a week are (mostly) the app, the screen, and (maybe) the rearview mirrors (my shoulders seem to be in the way, but I wouldn't want to change the design so I'm on the fence).

Pros:
-Design/aggressive look
-The speed/torque
-Solid low center of gravity, handling, shocks
-I'm comfortable with the seating and position (some people aren't)
-Ease of use and riding

Cons:
-The app simply aggregates me and leaves me wanting more
-The custom dashboard feature on the app does not work on the DSR which was a big dissapointment
-There's no GPS; general lack of screen customizability; it's like programming a watch from 1985
-My rearview mirrors are 80% useless for me
-I was hoping there was a reverse mode (not a big deal but would be a nice to have)

I'm just wondering what other people's experiences have been with the DS/R. Have they improved the app for the past couple of years? Any inside info that you've heard of?

Frosty64

Hi everyone,

It looks like it has been a while since anyone has posted, so I hope I get some traction with this post.

I've been in the market for an electric motorcycle for a while and I finally landed on the DSR 2022. I was looking for something that mashed up a cafe racer with a dirtbike, and there are a lot of dirt roads and offroad trails here, so the dual-sport serves me well.

My initial thoughts, I love the bike overall, the design, the torque, and the handling. The drawbacks after a week are (mostly) the app, the screen, and (maybe) the rearview mirrors (my shoulders seem to be in the way, but I wouldn't want to change the design so I'm on the fence).

Pros:
-Design/aggressive look
-The speed/torque
-Solid low center of gravity, handling, shocks
-I'm comfortable with the seating and position (some people aren't)
-Ease of use and riding

Cons:
-The app simply aggregates me and leaves me wanting more
-The custom dashboard feature on the app does not work on the DSR which was a big dissapointment
-There's no GPS; general lack of screen customizability; it's like programming a watch from 1985
-My rearview mirrors are 80% useless for me
-I was hoping there was a reverse mode (not a big deal but would be a nice to have)

I'm just wondering what other people's experiences have been with the DS/R. Have they improved the app for the past couple of years? Any inside info that you've heard of?
I bought a Corbin seat for my DSR and flat love it! Changed the ergonomics well. Sharp looking too! The stock setup is abysmal and there are next to no after market solutions. My biggest grip is the foot pegs location and handle bars. I, too, love the power and smoothness. Range is a sad joke on buyers............ Looking back I wish I had not purchased and gone for combustion engined bikes instead. At 17k plus cost I could have bought a fine machine with a gas engine.